Please note, products which contain compost may have some contaminates. Compost is recycled mainly from green bin waste and every measure is taken to ensure the product is contaminate free. The product conforms to the “Resource Recovery Order under Part 9, clause 93 of the Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2014”
Composition: Blend of sandy top soil and organic compost.
Uses: Establish new garden beds and vegetable gardens, Underlay for turf – helps retain water, Additive to existing gardens
Well-Established Supplier Can Assist with Procuring Soil in Canberra
Canberra Sand and Gravel has been providing a variety of landscaping products for over 50 years. We have landscaping outlets, located at Hume, Belconnen and Mitchell, servicing the entire Canberra region. You will find everything you need for landscaping here – from soils to sands to sleepers or even rocks. Let us join you on your landscaping journey: you’ll be delighted with the result.
How to Customise Your Order for Soil in the ACT
There is a lot more to any kind of soil than just planting things in it and hoping they grow. We can provide a range of soils to suit your planting needs. We happily travel to source the best quality products for you. You can collect your order, or we can deliver to you. Our larger orders are delivered in Tipper trucks, but we do have products available in smaller, more convenient sizes at our outlets.
- Our compost soil can be used for new garden beds or vegetable gardens. It is also a useful underlay for turf as it helps to retain water. You can even add it to existing gardens.
- The sandy topsoil on offer is handy for growing new lawns. You could apply it to damaged areas as a patch and for topdressing on lawns that are extremely damaged. As with compost soil, this can also be used as an underlay for turf.
- Topdressing soil is mainly for established lawns that merely require a light top dressing and reseeding.
The Best Advice Regarding Topsoil in Canberra
Remember that there is a difference between garden soil and topsoil. Simply put – if you enrich topsoil with compost to make it more functional for plants to grow in, it becomes garden soil.
- The depth of the topsoil required depends on what you need it for. Deep topsoil – about 90cm – is best for plant growth.
- Canberra’s climate is extreme, and the soil tends to be mostly heavy clay. Water struggles to penetrate to a reasonable depth which is not conducive to plant growth. Making sure your garden is covered in enough topsoil, and making sure that it does not become compacted, are the first steps towards good plant growth.
- It is important to note that not all plants will flourish in Canberra – investigate what plants are appropriate. A good quality topsoil, chosen to suit the plants and the region, will be beneficial.
How Much do You Really Know About Soil Suppliers in Canberra?
Having been in the business for over 50 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience. Being in this industry for that long speaks of our passion. We pride ourselves on our dedication to you and assisting with your landscaping projects, no matter the scale.
Please feel free to contact us to get a quote for your project, or just to make a general enquiry. Our friendly staff are looking forward to hearing from you.